Monday, July 11, 2011

Take time for serving others!

Over the past several months I have helped an 85 year old man modify his mortgage loan so that he is able to keep his home at an affordable payment.  He is such a sweet man with a heart of gold.  Although the process was grueling, long, took up a lot my time and at certain stages made me want to give up, I stuck it out.  Today he has a home, comfort and security that he will be able to make his payments every month on his limited budget.  I don't tell you this story to get a pat on the back, I tell you this story because I think that everyone needs to get involved in service work.  I truly believe that when we are in the service of others is when we are most happy.  When I got the phone call from my sweet friend telling me he can keep his house, the excitement and relieve in his voice made all of the time spent and frustrating hours float away and my heart was overwhelmed with joy for him.  Everyone needs help at some point in time.  I am lucky that I am able to help people in my profession.  I challenge everyone this week to serve someone else in some way.  Push groceries to a car for a mother with her hands full, open a door and smile, ask someone how they are doing and be prepared to listen to their answer, take an hour or so and help someone with their yard work, pay the toll for the car behind you. ask someone if there is anything you can do to help.  Little deeds go a long way.  I promise it will make your day and you will never know the magnitude your good deed had on the person you helped.  Please reply to this post on how your good deed made you feel.  Thank you Archy for your friendship, trust and allowing me to feel so special on a Monday! 

Remember, taking care of yourself and your loved ones is most important in life. I care about you and your future! ~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment